HFA is now the nation’s leading provider of rights management, licensing and royalty services for the music industry and issues the largest number of mechanical licenses on behalf of its affiliated publishers for the use of music in both physical and digital distribution formats.
HFA provides its publishers with a variety of services including:
- License issuance
- Royalty collections and distributions
- Online tools to enable tracking of song usage
- Administration of direct licensing deals
- New business opportunities
- Royalty compliance examinations
Slingshot, HFA’s rights management service, offers a suite of information management and technology solution. Designed with digital music distributors in mind, Slingshot is a one-stop shop that simplifies and facilitates the administration of intellectual property rights.
- Streamlines the licensing and royalty process
- Accelerates market entry
- Eliminates the need to invest in infrastructure and staff to handle back-office functions
HFA also serves the D.I.Y. market with online licensing tools Songfile and eSynch.
As a technology innovator, HFA is leading the industry in establishing global data standards and is a founding member of the Digital Data Exchange (DDEX).